Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Monday, June 4, 2007

The amazing race

Sometimes I feel like im in the geek edition of The amazing race. Only I'm not running around the world solving road blocks and looking for Phil, I'm somehow always running around solving one problem after another. There's beginning to be sad realisation that the rest of my 3 years in Sydney will be filled with these real-life road blocks, laced with troubleshooting and topped with a giant bright red "head-scratching" cherry. I could spend all day complaining about work, the long hours, the over-weekends, the 20min lunch breaks. But when things go right, and you see black and white evidence of the fruits of your labour, I can vouch for that feeling being the top 5 best emotions one can experience.

Today, I got fancy-scmancy X-rays of my experiments which look fantastic!..Phase 1...Complete! Now I hope my next clue box will bring me somewhere nice...and would be sweet to be Team No. 1!! Oh, and don't forget to gimme my prize!

1 comment:

Lynn Ooi said...

Dear Laine,

So is live in the rat race, we are also working around the clock in the dream of revealing something wonderful. Many times I wish of a simpler life, but deep down I know that this is just not the time yet for a simple life. There is just too much temptation for greatness awaiting to be revealed. So we go through another day working long and hard into the night. Just take mini breaks along the way, and treat yourself once a while to some small pleasures of life, and it will recharge you for the next day ahead...it's genetic, you are born with it.