Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Friday, August 3, 2007

The Government Conspiracy of Morons

That's it. I almost give up. All gov. depts are composed of idiots too unworthy for the private sector. Seems harsh really, but quite a generous compliment coming from an anonymous, poor student victim made to wait more than a month for work permit (meaning I dont get paid until Mr Howard's administration says "Aye aye"). A typical phone-in scenario:

Ring ring --------------------------voice recordings---------------------"Our operators are currently experiencing a large number of calls, please hold" --------------------------

-20 Minutes later-

"I'm sorry, our system indicates that your application is still being processed. We will call you within 2 working days for an update"

-2 days later-

The only call I got was from my mother.

-2 days later-

Ring ring ----------------------------voice recordings -----------------"Our operators are currently experiencing a large number of calls, please hold" --------------------------

-20 Minutes later-

"We are still processing your application. Please be patient"

-2 days later-

"Please re-submit your application as a paper application"

"Please do not re-submit your application. We will advise you further action in 2 days."

"Please stop calling us!!!" (OK, I made that one up)

At this point, its been 5 weeks since initial application. I'm surprised I have any hair on my head left. Maybe if I had another opportunity to meet Mr. Howard, I can slip him a note under the table (to not embarass him) telling him to hire people with a minimum IQ of 100.

I love shoes. Can't buy shoes if I don't have money. So I love money too. Gimme money damn it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.