Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Malaysia Fest 2007-Sydney

The past week, all I could talk about at work was how eager I was to have the warm taste of nasi lemak in my mouth. Today, finally quenched my cravings with Msia fest, a 1 day event held in Tumbalong Park near Darling Harbour by Malaysian students in Sydney. Think 22 deg. sunshine, roti canai, nasi lemak, teh ais...the works...for a price though. We mostly tried to support Clem's Mamak venture but obviously they didn't need our help; the queues were 20 mins to order and 30 mins to collect. If there weren't so much saliva pooled up in my oral cavity, anticipating my sambal, I would have given up.



I've never been in close proximity to so many Msians in Sydney until today, it was almost overwhelming the amount of Msian accents everywhere! We were mostly laughing at some Msians who got really confused on which accent to use: Malaysianized aussie or Aussified Malaysian. Funny funny Mat rempits.

See nasi lemak,........... smell nasi lemak, ............eat nasi lemak !!!!



Beautiful day, picnic under a tree. Oh yah, Jocie beat me twice in congkak.

No comments: