Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Friday, October 26, 2007

Life is like Melbourne's weather

Behind every big grey cloud lies the sunshine...eventually.

Today was horrible, woke up late as usual. Gobbled down my cereal with milk and trotted in my 2-inch boots along the 25 min walk to work. Only, it was drizzling. Bottom of my jeans got wet. Laine Not happy.

As soon as I got into work, I had to finish correcting some scripts for my class which was due today. No time to talk to anyone, no time to pop into the lab to say my usual cheery good mornings to everyone. 11.00 am bus passed by....Im still not done...11.30am bus zoomed by...still undone!! Finally finished at 11.40 and had to shove my giant tuna sandwich down my throat to catch the 12pm bus.

Click-clacked to Strathfield station and came upon a forked decision:

Train A: Departs in 10 mins..2 stop away from Redfern
Train B: Departs in 2 mins... 6 stops away from Redfern....My mind was not born for math, what more math in stress and heat and sweat!!

Obviously I chose the train that would take longer to get to Redfern..25 mins!! as compared to the usual 15. Darn it. Already 30 mins late to work. Once at the station, I practically had to half-run-walk another 10 mins to my building. By now, my so-called comfy boots that cushioned my feet around San Fran's all-day shopping extravaganzas were screaming profanities at me. So I burst into my lab, sweating like a birthing pig with 5 mins before 80 anxious kiddos flood in.

So my day hasnt given me a reason to smile today. Until I unexpectedly spoke to an ex-classmate from uni days. He said "We need our dose of laine's laughter today, its been quiet around here".

See I told you so. The sun will come out, tomorrow!

1 comment:

Shuuji said...

awww...i miss your "laine jokes" too.