Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Birds a feather boogie together

I was having lunch today with me mom when suddenly, whilst busy slurping the yummy pork noodles from my fav. vendor, I felt a mass of -thing- on my head. Totally freaked and impulsively started waving my hands about (with chopsticks in tow, mind you). Felt like I whacked it a couple of times before I figured out it was a birdie, and I managed to get a few slaps because its claws (is it claws?, or is it bird feet?) was alil tangled up in my hair. Poor thing never saw it coming. Im sorry!

Which made me think, you'll never know what will happen you and where you'll land, so, what's the insurance to a happy, carefree and secure lifestyle? F.R.I.E.N.D.S. OK I hear the theme song from the TV show playing in your heads, but seriously, Im serious!. How many friends are too many? Some say never to many, but I say I count my lucky stars for having the few (but precious) BFFs (Best Friends Forever) a.k.a CB Chimuis in my life. If you take a look outside the box you call your life for a sec, how many people can you truly truly count on? Lemme think........wait,lah ....Im counting.......the fact that I have to take a long pause to count makes me feel so blessed for these wonderful people. Eh, I dont expect free lunches ok,...but didn't you already know I can be such a sweet and grateful friend? HAHAHA. I know a few who can vouch for that..the others..hmm..keep your nasty thoughts to yourself.

I love that I have a variety of people, each with their own strengths (kinda like an X-men/Heroes/captain planet thing) whom I can always go to. Here's Laine's simple solutions to a wicked life:

Laine's simple solutions to a wicked life
(had to say it again, sounds so good in a big booming voice. Use your imagination!)

Q1. Emotional woes (World vs. Laine)
A1. Start with a little tears for sympathy, run and hide. Lock oneself in DK's cage (whom he purchased at a reasonable price from Elmyra so he can hug me, and kiss me, and love me, and lock me in a cage!)

Q2. Emotional woes (DK vs. Laine)
A2. OOh, talking about sleeping with the enemy (ever saw that movie?, I didn't) Be composed. Be calm. Be cool. Be furious inside!!! ROAR!!! Run and hide. Call/msn/skype/yumcha with one or more BFFs. However, always..be fair.

Q3. Mental torture (Mother vs. Laine)
A3. Sarcasm used to do it, but she has apparently developed a very sophisticated defence mechanism to repel all of it. Next plan of action? Plan to elope.

Q4. Physical pain (Pain in my ass/neck/legs/tummy vs. Laine)
A4. For simple remedies and self-help, visit WebMD.com. However, if physical pain is masquerading as a cry for attention, look self in mirror and repeat this line: I'm not sick, I'm just nuts. Be sure to refrain from consumption of all types of nuts (including coconuts) for the next 24 hours until help arrives.

Q5. Mandatory pain (work vs. Laine)
A5. Chocolate, SHoes and chocolate...no,no...DK, shoes and chocolate...hmm,..oh forgot my maraschino cherry on top. If serotonin levels fail to recover, watch a Will Ferrell movie, and do something that involves nudity. ....Take a bath,lahhh

So you see, friends are our allies, we rarely have trouble with them, but that is also attributed to how well we treat our friends. Thankfuly, KarMen, AiMei, Cat, Des and SuYinn, have the Mother Teresa-like patience with me. A toast to my BFFs.

1 comment:

Karleng said...

what about the annoying brat sister of one of your BFF? :D :D :D