Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Monday, February 26, 2007

Triple Auspicious Day

Yesterday, dated 25th March or the 9th day of the Lunar new year marked a really special day for us. For the first time, we had a triple religious affair comprising of a 730am trip to Kalumpang Temple for annual New Year thanksgiving to Kuan Yin; 3pm annual Vipassana chanting group at home; and also annual Ooi's tradition of Pai Thee Kong (Prayers to the heavenly Gods) at 12am. Definately alot for us to be thankful for, with the entirely family blesses with good health and happiness..I was also rooting for success alot this year! I made sure to include all family members, friends and loved ones in my prayers..I hope I didn't leave anyone out!



Since my flight to Sydney has been delayed to the 9th March, its a blessing so that I can be present for all this before I leave. Will miss all the festivities and gatherings when I'm gone. Must come back for CNY next year! Dad made my super-fav. Mee Jawa (from Ah Ma's recipe) and it turned out fabulous, even better than AH Ma's version! So I made sure to bring a copy of the recipe over, I'll send out invites when I can perfect it. This year's Pai Thee Kong was also a little sentimental since it will be the last one we're having at the current house. COnsidering we've done it every year for the past 25 years, its getting sad to leave the old house. Next year, CNY will be held at our new residence at Eco Park, it'll be great!! If only Lil' Bailey and Wuki could come along.


Mr. & Mrs. Loo, Dad & Uncle Stuart



All the guests, in prayer and hopeful thoughts.

The finale: Burning of heaven gold and sugarcane (look past Dad's butt!)
May All my loved ones have a blessed year ahead. Cheers!

2 comments:

Jack said...

happy cny to everyone. too bad we are not together to celebrate it.

Lynn Ooi said...

Definitely miss all the festivities. I have not been back for CNY for 10 years. I think it's time I come back next year for it. Maybe we can put Bailey in a suitcase :)