Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Homesick or lovesick?

I havent been feeling very well for a couple a weeks, got a general feeling of unwellness which 2 of my dr. friends have failed to diagnose. I even WEBMD-ed myself and i got mild anxiety syndrome! characterised by consistent worrying, palpitations, tingling and numb hands and feet, etc. but dont worry, its not serious enough to be a panic attack.

Im beginning to wish Mom came along with me. Haha so hard to admit ok! but don't worry mom & Dad, I'm going to at least try to be alone awhile and if I really beh tahan, i'll give u guys a ring. Everyone tells me what Im feeling is normal, but that doesnt help me feel better now. I wanna feel better now!

Tomorrow will be my first day in the city, all ALONE. scary shit for 12am curfew girl like me. Im more afraid of getting lost, so i got all my directiosn mapped out as detailed as possible. Hope I find my way and get my imprtant stuff done. Will be meeting Prof. Conigrave also, I purposely made the appointment so that I have no reason to procrastinate like I did today. Will update after, hopefully with good news of my well-being.

I was kinda surprised that I didnt cry after arriving here, but im beginning to feel the loneliness of being alone. I miss all the things Im used to, being home and also miss Danny. If only he could be here NOW (hint hint).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Niece, you are experiencing Culture Shock.... read it up in the web. There are 4 stages (depending on which model).
Hope you feel better soon.
KoKoh

Anonymous said...

aiyo... what you have is culture shock + LoveSICK lah. Danny is the only anecdote for your symptoms :)

Lynn Ooi said...

What you are feeling is very normal. Just try to keep yourself busy. Try to fill your schedule, so you will feel purposeful and not think about being home sick too much.

Unknown said...

Well, sorry to disappoint, but I doubt I can be there any sooner than the end of June.

But staying focused on what needs to be done and not letting your mind wander is a good strategy.