Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Monday, March 12, 2007

Out from nest blues

Today is my 3rd day in Sydney, got practically nothing done till today cos everything is usually closed on the weekends. Managed to get banking and mobile phone stuff started and hopefully, will be able to find my apartment soon. Was very hopeful before I came here that things will be fine, until I went to see some of the units for rent that I was KIV-ing. Wah lau...cannot man, although a short 5 min walk from the train station, there were no street lights, and the apartment complex was dark and damp and dodgy. Definate NO NO.

Im living with Kim & Ernest for now, at their fab unit in Rhodes. Its perfect, conveniently right outside a mall with easy access to food, bank, work and most importantly,..its SAFE!!! and did i mention utterly gorgeous as well? Can put Mont Kiara to shame!. So Im going to look at some places nearby called Liberty Grove, its an area right opposite Rhodes which is still good and hopefully I'll be able to secure a 2 bedroom at LG compared to a 1 bedroom in Rhodes for the same price.

I have IKEA!! its right outside and so good for me. Suddenly even IKEA seems expensive for a poor student like me. Looks like I'll have to make do with simple furnishing (2nd hand mind you!) Hopefully, I'll get a good place to call my own very soon. Feels like Ive taken for granted having utter convenience back home with the car and all. SIgh..woes of leaving the nest

4 comments:

Delta Epsilon Chi said...

over here we're apartment/housing shopping now too. my (5) other roommates and i got a 3 bedroom flat here; should show you some pictures. good luck finding a safe place, good thing you have an ikea too!

Anonymous said...

hello! so mom finally let you go! fm a baby that i used to carry to an adult, how time flies. hope you get some place soon. the woes of setting up home in a new country! take care and keep in touch. miss you!

Happytrails said...

Hi Laine

So how does it feel like being out of mom's constant monitoring? hehe....glad to know that you have grown to be an intelligent, beautiful and caring person. Hope to see you soon girl!

Lynn Ooi said...

Ah.. finally a taste of freedom, no one said it didn't come with a price. Hang in there with the apartment search, you will find a place and settle in no time. Then mom is going to move in with you for 6 months, :) better reconsider the 2 bedroom. You will be fine in Sydney, let me know if you need anything. Plenty of support network circulating your orbit, just let us know.