Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Friday, March 9, 2007

t- 22 hours

As of now, I currently have 22 hours left in Msia before fluffing off to Sydney tonight. I was telling everyone that I dont feel any different, given this is such a big step for me, moving out of the nest on my own. Tonight, during last minute farewell drinks with Subang United, I really felt antsy for the first time. Coming home also feels weird now, it feels like Im paying extra attention to everything I set my eyes on at home, knowing that I probably wouldn't set foot at the SS 15 house again. (We recently sold the house and are moving to EcoPark in May). Maybe its like a feeble attempt to store all this in my long term photographic memory of the house I grew up in.

Although I am scared of the unknown, I think I'm feel secure enough cos I know what I have to do there. Step by step, I'm sure I'll be fine, or so I tell myself. Thankfully my old friend Colin will be picking me up from the airport and ferrying me over to Suyinn's cousin Kim's place, where I'll be staying for the first few weeks till I find my own pad. So upon arrival I'm in good hands.

I also got a new do. Looks like im 18 all over again. hehehe. this is to fool all those siao ang mohs that this cili padi isn't to be messed with!. Im looking forward to the challenge, not so much the loneliness since Im used to being surrounded by people I know. Well, if I need to feel sorry for myself, I'll pull out my shoe collection and try to smile.

1 comment:

Jack said...

I guess you can't take Laine's galaxy with you. :(