Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday

Last night, Kim, Ernest & I went to the city to meet up with my friend Clement for dinner. They were celerbating their efforts of starting a mamak stall in CHinatown. Yes, roti canai and the works! So we had a good time, it was called the Belgian Beer House and had tons of different imported beers. I had mussels in Hoegaarden (which is a type of beer) and it was very good. Very relaxing night, well spent.

Status of house-hunting: 2 bedroom in Liberty Grove is perfect! large living and dining space, good kitchen, excellent environment and convenient for work too. Only downside is, there were at least 30 other people viewing the unit! So it all comes down to the owner's pick of tenants. Hate this renter's market. I already struck the lottery once this year coming here, what are the odds to get this place? Pray pray pray. If all else fails, there is my super lux! which i just switched to a better unit facing the pool. Only cos the balcony was facing the road and it could get a big creepy at night. The new unit has a big balcony facing the pool that I can use as a dining area. Very nice. At this point, I hope I get the Liberty grove unit cos its more value for money but I wouldnt be too bummed to get super lux cos who can refuse super lux???

This morning, we headed up to a suburb called Eastwood where there is a large Asian community and lots of shops for grocery. There are designated shops for seafood, meat, veg and dried stuff so its so convenient! and did I mention variety? I was surprised I saw the prawn chilli oil Lynn likes and even dried squid for soup. Dad will love this place. I can see him going ga-ga over this place. Its also near where Violette lives, so when you guys visit, dad can cook us a feast!! yay

Off to IKEA sale. tara.

No comments: