Billainaire: 24 billaine and counting...

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Learning to smile again

The number of comments popping up have tremendouly increased. I never knew I had "phantom readers". ehhe..but obviously, Im so glad for all your support and kind advice. Today I conquered the city! well oklah, not the whole city, but I managed to get to where I needed to go and didn't get lost! HOORAH! One thing about Sydney, so many Asians...like a mini Malaysia..altho most are koreans, jap and china-mari folks, still nice to see oriental faces. You can definately pick them out from a crowd. The japs will always be in their harajuku-inspired clothing, the koreans are heavily overdone and the chinese ...well..you can tell by their accents and when they ask you if you can speak mandarin.

Middle of Darlington campus

As you can tell, today was a pretty good day. I feel abit better after I got some things done. Met up with one boss, and he's pretty nice. Tomorrow will meet with another boss in the lab, but will only take the bus since it's close by. Hope that goes well. Real work will probably only start in 2 weeks, since I have to discusss the direction of my project with both bosses only next week. Ah well, in the mean time, I can keep studying and keep looking for a place to live in. I really like this area Im at now that I've seen more of the suburbs. Some just look old and dingy, but this is nice, clean and very modern. I likey very much.
View from the Biochemistry & Microbiology building

So maybe I can learn to like this place over time. Who knows?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st you're excited about the new place, then u dislike everything about it and then you'll come to terms with what you like and dislike...tis are phases of culture shock. Check out http://www.usc.edu/dept/LAS/overseas/faq/culture_shock/culture_shock.html.
i'm sure once u start working, u'll feel loads better :) take care!

Unknown said...

You know, when reading this title, the first thing that comes to mind is a song by Manhattan Transfer. The topic is more of waking up out of a slump and finding someone new rather than learning to adjust to a new changes.

But you know, looking back at parts of the lyrics, I do feel that way with you.
It has some very uplifting parts which hopefully you can identify with.

"Smile Again"

Endless nights
I’d play solitaire
Imagining that you were here
One night flights
Such heartless affairs
They froze the hopes of love in me
You suddenly appeared
Melted all my fears
Filled me with the love I need

You make me smile again
Like a child of three
And I believe it will turn out right baby
Oh you make me smile again
Hold me in your arms
Oh love, my love

Heart to heart
Our souls intertwine
Make love and float away with me
Twins of flame
A love so divine
I want to spend my life around you
Now, now I have the strength
Now I have the hopes
You give me all I need